Thursday, March 06, 2008

The househunt continues..

so we looked at another home in Visalia today, this time to buy not rent. It was cute and small (around 1,000 sq ft) 3bdr/1bath on almost a half acre corner lot (+++!) BUT (there always seems to be "but" doesn't there?) it needs quite a bit of TLC, updating, remodeling, and all that fun stuff. It's a foreclosure, which we didn't know until we set up a showing and they told us, so I guess needing TLC is to be expected right? For the price they're asking it's not too bad and since it's currently a bank "short sale" they'd take way less since they want it gone.

I think Michael is fighting over the next step because of current events and also just buying and owning a home is a really huge thing! It's overwhelming! We haven't been pre qualified so we really need to see how much banks will give us and Tulare County has some good first time home buyer assistance stuff too (if all the funds aren't gone... I won't go into this right now...) that if we don't take advantage of within the next few years we may never qualify for it again because hopefully I'll be starting school for a career and then we'll make too much. I'm excited but scared all at the same time because it's such a great opportunity and I wish we were in just a little bit better of a situation right now! If we can get assistance I know we could do it no problem, so there is where it sits. Please send us positive "assistance" vibes!

I always end up getting way to ahead of myself thinking what we can do with this house, how we can make it better, how I will decorate it and all that only to be crushed when we really just can't swing it... I wish buying a home and living the "American Dream" was so much easier!

No comments: